Formal Letter of Introduction

Chidinma Anunagba

160 Convent Ave, New York, NY 10031

September 11, 2022

Dear Professor Kristine Slentz,

My name is Chidinma Anunagba, and I am writing this letter to introduce myself to you. Born in the United States and raised in Nigeria, I moved back here in 2018 to attend The City College of New York, where I am now a senior at the school. I am a Psychology BS major on the pre-dental track. My interest in science was a bit of an accident. In secondary school, we had an exam where we had to choose between business or science path, and I did better in science, so why not. I went into that career path with an open mind and explored fields I might like. My interest in Psychology began because I took the intro class since I did not have a declared major. I liked the materials that were covered and figured the use of my psychology degree in my dental career would help me understand my patients better.My hobbies are drawing, playing the violin, knitting, and baking. These hobbies improve good hand-eye coordination, as well as following steps and precision. For me, these hobbies were therapeutic whenever I felt stressed or down, which led me to want to know the reasons why people felt negative emotions towards something and how it can be managed. That is why I chose psychology. I first became fascinated with these hobbies when I realized they took my mind off things and I had the potential to be good at those, and I worked towards that.

With my interest and hobbies, I hope to feed people who are in need and be someone with whom people feel comfortable talking. In the case where I become a dentist, I want to be a person who puts a confident smile on people’s faces.At the end of the semester, I hope to get all A’s to improve my chances of getting into dental school, as well as my writing, to be able to use the skills learned for job and school applications. I want to improve my creativity in writing. Also, I am working towards graduating with a First Class in the spring semester and taking the DAT, to go into dental school and become an orthodontist.

Sincerely,

Chidinma Anunagba